Quick Hits from the Weird Files
- Snakes on a Plane, AGAIN?! Yup, this time in Alaska…
- … and possibly coming soon to a car near YOU, too!
- Gators getting in on the act, too…
- …but people can be dumber still, like this French crook who got trapped in a window mid-breakin.
- Or there’s this schmuck, who texted a PROSECUTOR about a drug deal. Is “America’s Dumbest Criminals” still publishing?
- What’s up with Wisconsin’s jihad against Irish butter? Do they not have more pressing matters for government to address or something?
This Week In History
- Sunday, 3/19: Battle of Bentonville, 1865; first US air combat mission, 1916; Nevada legalizes gambling, 1931
- Monday, 3/20: UncleTom’s Cabin published, 1852; GOP officially founded, 1854; USN recommissions former collier Jupiter as first aircraft carrier USS Langley, 1922
- Tuesday, 3/21: Lindbergh awarded Medal of Honor for trans-Atlantic solo flight, 1928; Alcatraz closed, 1963; Moscow Olympics boycott announced, 1980
- Wednesday, 3/22: Stamp Act imposed on Colonies, 1765; Schawlow and Townes patent the laser, 1960; Intel ships first Pentium chips, 1993
- Thursday, 3/23: Henry’s “Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death!” speech, 1775; Otis installs first elevator, 1857; Gemini 3 spacecraft launched, 1965
- Friday, 3/24: Groundbreaking on NYC subway, 1900; Elvis drafted, 1958; Exxon Valdez disaster, 1989
- Saturday, 3/25: Coxey’s Army starts for Washington, 1894; Triangle Shirtwaist Fire, 1911; shuttle Columbia delivered to Kennedy Space Center to prep for first launch, 1979
Today’s Birthdays: General Braxton Bragg, 1817; authors Louis L’Amour, 1908 and James Patterson, 1947; actors Karl Malden, 1912 and Reese Witherspoon, 1976
Holidays Around the World: It’s Emancipation Day in Puerto Rico.
This Week In History is compiled with assistance from History.com and Wikipedia. Something interesting not listed here? Please share in the Comments section–this is an Audience Participation Encouraged featurette.
Gratuitous Gun Giveaways
- *American Handgunner magazine, for a Carolina Arms TC-45 .45 pistol package or an EAA Witness Pavona .380 pistol package: http://americanhandgunner.com/giveaway/
- *Guns Magazine, for an SRM Arms 1216 shotgun, Franklin Armory M4, or Navy Arms 1892 Coyote Killer lever-action rifle (Coyote Killer drawing ends April 1): http://gunsmagazine.com/giveaway/
- Davidson’s Gallery of Guns, for a Rock Island Armory M22 TCM .22TCM bolt-action rifle or M1911A1 FSP GI .45ACP pistol: https://ggg.galleryofguns.com/
- *Aero Precision, for a custom AR15 (ends March 31): http://gvwy.io/znl4vyk
- GrabAGun, for a CZ P-09 Urban Grey suppressor-ready 9mm pistol (ends March 31): http://grabagun.com/giveaway
- *Primary Arms, for $3000 of AR15 upgrade parts: https://wn.nr/njftDY
*Note: FMG Publishing giveaways require you to provide an FFL dealer’s info at entry. Aero Precision and Primary Arms giveaways give me one entry each per person who enters using my referral link.
Quote of the Day
A thought some folks around here would do well to reflect on for a bit…
Hate no one; hate their vices, not themselves.–J. G. C. Brainard
As always, the Watercooler is an Open Thread. Now that you’ve had a slurp or two, it’s your turn to pour forth whatever thoughts may cross your mind…
The post Watercooler 3/22 Open Thread: Return to the Weird Files appeared first on RedState.
Read more here: http://www.redstate.com/diary/diamondback/2017/03/22/watercooler-322-open-thread-return-weird-files/ by (((Diamondback))) Originally posted on http://www.redstate.com